We flew out later in the afternoon so we were able to take the metro to Versailles in the morning and squeeze in a tour. The Palace of Versailles was built back in the 1600's. Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette were among many of the royals that resided there. It was very large and ornate and we couldn't believe people actually lived there.
This was the 'guest bed'. Not too shabby.
This was my favorite room. It was completely lined with mirrors and had dozens and dozens of chandeliers.
The Queens bed
Outside in the gardens. Usually when it's warm the gardens are known for having tons of fountains going in all the ponds. Unfortunately, I think it was a little to cold when we were there.
This was the most tiring trip we have ever been on. I don't even know how many miles we walked in the cold and rain everyday. We were sleep deprived, jet lagged, our feet were swollen and aching, our legs were sore, (not that I'm complaining) but we would do it again in a heartbeat. It was an awesome trip and we loved every minute it.


6 comments:
How amazing!!! I am glad you had fun, exhausting I'm sure. Your so lucky it's so easy for you to travel ,LUCKY!
that is so awesome. you guys are so lucky! i love that you guys just travel the world on the weekends! you guys are just living the dream
YAY for Paris. That makes me want to go back SO bad. I am so glad you guys had fun and got to see so many things in such a short time!
Holy cow Claire!! Your pictures are amazing!!! What a blast. We need to hang out more...maybe Italy next? :)
Wow, how fun. You two are so spoiled.Hope everything is going well for you two. Have a great Holiday season!
Paris is my favorite place in Europe! I am so glad you guys went and that you are using those flight benefits!!! Makes me want to go back!!!
Post a Comment