Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Klutzy and Painful Week


So I have always considered myself a klutz. I feel like Dustin is always laughing at me for all the stupid things I do. I'm always spilling and breaking things, and knocking things over in public and it's something I'm not too proud of. But this week I was having really bad luck in the klutz department and fell into an unfortunate string of events. So to start the week off I was pulling a hot pan of muffins out of the oven and forgot that there was a hole in the ovenmitt that I grabbed. The hot pan touched my skin through the hole and burned me really bad. I screamed, dropped the pan and the muffins went flying everywhere. After a while a huge painful blister formed on my hand that still hasn't completely gone away. So a few days later I was at the gym on the treadmill and dropped my water bottle and it went flying to the ground. So I jumped off the treadmill while it was still going to pick up the bottle and I hit my leg on the side of the machine. It hurt so bad, it felt like a really bad rug burn, and turned into a nasty scab right on my shin. So the next day I was doing the dishes and went to put away this really big, thick, wooden cutting board that we have. My hands were wet from doing the dishes and cutting board slipped right out of my hands. And I bet you can guess what happened. I dropped the cutting board right on my toe!! I burst out crying, it hurt that bad! My toe turned red then purple...it's still in the healing process. You think that would be all, but to top it off, I pulled my back out and I'm not quite sure how I did it. All of the sudden it started hurting really bad to the point where I couldn't even get comfortable. I didn't even go to church because I could hardly move! It's been a week since that happened and I'm still in a little bit of pain. So hopefully with the start of the new week I will stay clear of anymore painful mishaps!!! At least I got some good use out of my First Aid Kit. Ouch!!

5 comments:

Jake and Rachelle said...

Ouch! I'm such a klutz too! Welcome to blogging.

The Heaton's said...

welcome to blogging, i must warn you now, you will become addicted! Geeze girl you gotta take care of yourself, be careful!
steph

Justin and Stacey said...

Claire! I am so glad that you started a blog!! I love looking at what people are up to all the time. It sounds like you have had quite the luck. i can't believe all that you did to yourself in such a short amount of time! That is hilarious. Anyways, glad to see you have started blogging. I can't wait to hear more about your family!!
Stacey

Denisse said...

Oh my heavens Claire! Poor you!!!! Everything that happened to you sounds like it really, really, really, hurt!!!!! Oh man! Be careful! I sound like a mom! Anyway, what a cute blog! I'm excited you started one! It is so fun! I love it that we can share our lives with others that care enough to read them and look at the pics! I'm glad that we will be able to know how you and Dustin are doing!

Sherwoods said...

That's actually hilarious. I can say that because it sounds like things I do all the time. You should ask Dusty if he remembers the time that I put my hand flat out on a hot burner (granted Josh had not turned off the burner 20 minutes before like he was supposed to). I had ring shaped burns across the entire palm of my hand for weeks. It basically sucked, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone in the klutz department!