My mom and I headed into Atlanta to go to the History museum. My mom is really interested in American history, so we had a great time and spent hours taking tours and looking at the exhibits.
The Swan House- Built in the 20's for wealthy cotton heirs, the Inmans. The inside was amazing and kept with original decor and period pieces, unfortunately we couldn't take pictures inside. The family eventually sold it to the Atlanta History Center.
What's more representative of Atlanta than Coke and Chick-fil-A? (My mom and I made frequent Lemonade stops at Chick-fil-A while she was here)
The Center had a full civil war museum with hundreds and hundreds of original artifacts.
This was one of the only civil war carts still intact today.







2 comments:
Yay for gymnastics! I did that too. I totally remember the Atlanta Olympics and Kerri Strug. Stick the landing Claire, very nice.
That's awesome Claire- you sure know where to take out of town guests! Sad to say that I didn't even know about the Atlanta History Museum, but it looks like a lot of fun. And I totally remember the Kerri Strug moment back in the '96 Olympics :)
Post a Comment