Thursday, December 3, 2009

These are too good (and cute) not to share...

These are so festive for the holidays and so yummy. They really do melt in your mouth.
Peppermint Meltaways
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1-1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
Cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Shape into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are very lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Frosting:
2 TBSP butter, softened
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
2-3 drops red food coloring
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies/candy canes
Beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, milk, extract and food coloring and beat until smooth. Spread over completely cooled cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candies.

5 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Super cute...Thanks.

Jake and Rachelle said...

Yummy! You have the best recipes Claire. I think I will make those this weekend.

cheeriBABY said...

I will totally be trying these. Yum! Thanks for sharing.

idaho grandma said...

I made the cookies over the weekend and we LOVED them. They are very easy and "so, so yummy". I doubled the batch and it worked just great. It will now be a new holiday tradition in our house. Hope you both have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Denise Heaton. P.S. Your travels make me very jealous!!!

Cathy said...

The cookies are awesome! Made them today!! Thanks for the new yummy holiday recipe!!