Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

The day after Dustin and I flew in from Paris our Sherwood family from Missouri came to us for Thanksgiving weekend. Dustin's parents, Dustin brother Jake, his wife Rachelle and their 3 cute boys were kind enough to make the drive here this year. I have never planned or hosted a Thanksgiving dinner before but I had lots of help and all the food turned out so good. Thanksgiving morning we decided to go to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. It was a perfect day to go because it wasn't too crowded and everyone, especially the little boys, had a great time.

All the 'big boys'

Pete, Joni and Kayden looking around in the glass tunnel
Jake and DJ touching the slimy sting rays and sharks
The brothers. (We sure missed Josh and Amanda and their kids in Mexico)
The whole gang
After the Aquarium we went straight back to our apartment and started cookin'! We made a ham (no turkey this year), mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, Rockwood's favorite cheese ball, and Joni made and brought pumpkin and chocolate pie. I'm getting hungry thinking about it again.
The last night they were here we went to downtown Newnan to see Santa. Unfortunately the line wrapped around the block and was hardly moving. So we walked around for a little bit, looked at the lights and went home for hot chocolate, leftover pie and a Christmas movie.
The rest of the time was spent just relaxing, shopping, watching movies, playing with the little boys, golfing(for the big boys), and I took the girls into the salon to do some hair. We are truly blessed to have wonderful family to spend the holidays with and were grateful to the Sherwoods for coming.

3 comments:

Jake and Rachelle said...

Thanks for everything. We had a blast and I love my hair cut. Can't wait to do it all again sometime!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What cute pictures Claire! Looks like you guys had so much fun. It makes me want to come and visit you SO bad!!

And those meltaways...YUM! I am totally making those tomorrow. When I think of meltaways I think of you, haha!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Sweet- I have you on my blog list now :)