Wednesday, August 20, 2008

After we left New York and spent a few days in Missouri with family we made a little detour on our drive home to Nauvoo, IL and also made a trip over to Carthage jail. It was really cool being in these places because their history and significance.
Outside Carthage Jail
Beautiful scenery in Nauvoo After a summer of traveling and play we are back to Michigan AND real life. Dustin starts up his second and final year at MSU next week and I started Cosmetology school this last week. (I had all my school hours transferred from Idaho so I only have about six months left). Life is busy and will get busier as the semester goes on. But I think we are starting to see what looks like a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

6 comments:

Jake and Rachelle said...

It was good to see you guys. I'm glad you were able to make it to Nauvoo. The temple is so pretty!

cheeriBABY said...

Oh how fun! I love Nauvoo!

Sherwoods said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I am glad you made it back safe. Good luck with school!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Back to real life..bummer! But, I guess the sooner you begin, the sooner it is over! Good luck in school, just keep thinking "Only 6 months..." :)

The Olsen's said...

Claire,
I am so glad you are getting to finish school up there in MI. Wish we were justa few hours away still so we could get together for a visit. If you need a break from the cold this winter, you should consider a little trip down to Florida to come visit us!!!

Justin and Stacey said...

I am so glad that you are going to finish!! YOu will never regret going back. I have loved every second of it! Now I can take advantage of your skills when we see you next!!

And by the way, I am going to be so sad when you guys move on to real life in the spring and we still have two years left! Not fair!