We didn't think it would come so soon, but we are leaving Manhattan for good tomorrow morning. Dustin finished his internship on Friday and learned a lot from his experience at Pfizer. It finally sank in today while packing that we are really leaving and we got pretty bummed out. This has been a once in lifetime experience and we wouldn't trade it for anything. We were just feeling like we were starting to "fit in" here and now we have to leave. We were to the point where tourist asked us for directions. We loved when this happened because that meant we looked like locals and knew what we were doing!
We are going to miss:
- The food! Champs blueberry muffins and peach smoothies, great Cuban food at Cafe Habanas in SoHo, Shake Shack, Pinkberry, and a good hot dog is never too far away.
- The endless possibilities of entertainment and things to do. Broadway shows, concerts, going to new restaurants, going to the park or just walking around somewhere new.
- Our great apartment. Dustin's work definitely treated us well with a fully furnished, great place downtown
- Our maid, again another perk. We got used to that pretty fast. She will truly be missed.
- The overall excitement of this great city. The people who live here love it and the people that visit love it just as much.
- The great people we have met at work or church and being able to meet a lot of interesting people.
Goodbye Manhattan!
7 comments:
So sad!! Off to Michigan, huh? Darn it...I could have really used another week at your house in NYC. I LOVED it! You guys are so lucky to have that experience. Just think though, the faster you get back to Michigan, the faster Dustin is done with school! That's something worth being excited for!
Wow, that went by fast! I hope you guys had a safe journey home!
Sounds like you guys had a fantastic summer in NYC! I'd be sad if I were you, too. :)
On the other hand, we're excited to welcome you back to Michigan. Call me.
We hope you have a safe trip home. It was so good to see you guys!
We went to Cafe Habanas last night. That corn is amazing. We are so sad you are gone. We were also in the financial district, and Greg and I kept saying over and over "I can't believe they lived here." Such a neat and clean (: part of Manhattan!
How SAD!!! Well atleast your hubby is finally done w/ school, right? What a great experience that would be to live in Manhattan! So where are you guys off to now? Michigan?? When are you gonna come back to "the great state of Idaho"? haha... We'll I certainly miss you here!!!
Your gone already?? We're so sorry we didn't get to say goodbye, but we hope you'll come back next year.
Post a Comment