Saturday, June 28, 2008

The one Broadway show I've wanted to see while we are here in New York is Wicked. And because it is the show to see around here tickets are pretty hard to come by and very pricey. Some friends of ours told us to go the the Wicked ticket office to see if any partial view tickets were left. These are the seats way on the side where you don't get the best view but they are pretty cheap because of that. So we went to the box office to see if we could get any of these tickets. Unfortunately the guy told us that all seats, good and bad, are completely sold out for the rest of summer. I was crushed! I wanted to see the show so bad. Then the guy proceeded to tell us that he had 2 tickets on the 8th row that opened up for the show that night and is selling them for less than half the original price. It took us about point 5 seconds to say yes to that offer! We snatched those babies up so fast and had eighth row tickets in our hands for that very night that were worth over three hundred dollars a piece. I was one happy camper. I am so glad we got those tickets because the show was absolutely amazing. I have the Wicked CD so it was fun to see all the song that I knew actually acted out on stage. And Dustin who is the most non-musical lovin' type of guy loved it, and really appreciated the talent in this show. So if I don't do anything exciting here the rest of the summer, I will still be go home satisfied after seeing Wicked. It was awesome.

5 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh my gosh...I am so glad you got to see that!! That is the best show! After it's over, you just want to sit right back down and watch it again. And 8th row! You guys have been pretty lucky! How fun...

Oh, thanks for all the Central Park pictures! They turned out great!

Jake and Rachelle said...

Fun! You are so lucky. Do you have any pictures from the show?

Sherwoods said...

YAY! Josh and I were going to go see that, but kept running into the same problem...really expensive, sold out tickets. As we didn't really want to take the train up every day to see what we could do, we never got to go, so I am really glad that you guys did! Keep livin it up in NYC!

*Danette said...

I'm so jealous! I love the CD and hope to see it live someday also! You're so lucky!

Tfamily said...

J E A L O U S! That is all I am going to say about that. Well except for that is really cool. Someone must be living right :)