Monday, February 22, 2010

Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles

Dustin and I went on a short trip to Bonaire this weekend. Yeah, I had never heard of it before either, not until about 12 hours before we flew out Saturday morning. I had Saturday off work so we checked flights for every close beach destination since we had to be back Sunday night. Every flight was busy except for Bonaire. So we thought we would give it a try! Bonaire is in the Caribbean off the north coast of Venezuela, and east of Aruba and absolutely beautiful!
Bonaire is mainly known for it's diving and snorkeling. The water is so clear that we would sit on the dock and watch all of the big and colorful fish swim below us.
It was another very quick trip but we had a great time in the sunny 80-90 degree weather. Now you all know there is an island called Bonaire in the Netherlands Antilles right? Who knew?

10 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

how fun!!! You are so lucky! The water looks amazing. Erin is engaged??? That's crazy! Tell her I said congratulations!

Hil said...

Gorgeous! So jealous. Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What a fun, quick trip! You guys look so good!

Justin and Stacey said...

Wow...you guys have it rough :)

Jake and Rachelle said...

Fun! Love the pics!

Mandy said...

So jealous- it looks beautiful and so much fun!! I love little trips! How do yall like Georgia?? If you ever want a quick trip to Dallas we could show you around!

The Olsen's said...

Looks like fun!!!Glad you guys are traveling!!!

Justin said...

Okay, so I was looking back at old posts and comments on our blog and I came to the one with you guys in NYC. SUCH a FUN trip!! I can't tell you how glad I am that we did that. Anyways, I looked at the comments and yours made me laugh! Remember this?

"Okay remember when we took that last picture infront of Ann Taylor Loft and I said that we probably looked "doody dah" next to the beautiful model in the window! haha. Well I finally realized what I was trying to say. I meant to say "Fuddy Duddy". Haha"

Too funny! You make me laugh. I hope you and Dustin are doing well! Planning any fun weekend getaways again? Man, your life is boring! Ha! Just kidding, I am TOTALLY jealous of all your fun you are having. What a great time in your life! Love you guys!
~Stacey

Justin said...

-Hate you guys ;)

-Justin

JaMie said...

Wow that is all I can say.. I would like to reserve some space in your luggage the next time you take off:)