Saturday, April 18, 2009

Atlanta Here We Come!

Dustin and I are officially moving to Atlanta, Georgia. Dustin will be working for Delta Airlines in their Supply Chain MBA Leadership Program. We are both very excited and can't wait for the new adventure. Dustin has had the offer since last fall but wanted to explore other opportunities. The past few months he's had a bunch of interviews and a few companies gave him verbal offers but they couldn't committ to actual offers due to hiring freezes. With the economy the way it is, we are truly blessed to say that we have a solid job lined up. Working with Delta will give Dustin and me the chance to fly for free and see the world. We both love to travel and are excited for this opportunity.
A few random facts about Atlanta.
1. Atlanta is the 8th largest metropolitan area in the US; it's crazy to think that Seattle is 15th on the list
2. Atlanta hosted the premiere of Gone With the Wind in 1939
3. In the 60's Atlanta was a major organizing center for MLK
4. Average high in January is 52 deg
5. 13th highest number of foreign tourists per year
6. Home to CNN News
We don't know much about Atlanta so here are a few things we have heard (from Dustin's classmate that is from Atlanta) that are a must see.
3. The Master's - not on my list but I'm sure Dustin will go since it's only 2.5 hours away
4. Centennial Olympic Park - created for the 1996 Olymplics
5. Sports - Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Thrashers
That's all I know about Atlanta as of today. We look forward to our new adventure in Atlanta and look forward to hosting visitors.

10 comments:

Megan and Erik said...

Congratulations! That is so cool.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

So exciting!! Get ready because we will be coming to visit soon!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

We'll come visit as soon as we get over the fact that you and Fernstrom's are ditching us for the sunny and warm south-lands.

I do have a conference in November in Atlanta, though!

Jake and Rachelle said...

So exciting! Yay for warmer weather! Jake and I will have to plan a trip out there sometime. Your blog gift is done. I just gave it to Joni to bring since they will see you in two weeks. I hope that is okay. At least we know it won't be ruined in shipping.

Rachel Garces said...

congrats on the new adventure. we will have to travel down that way when in virginia.

Justin and Stacey said...

Woo Hoo!! I am totally jealous of your average temp in January!! I think that might be ours in April! (sad) How exciting for you two. I hope we can make it down there to visit sometime! I would love to see what Atlanta has to offer...which sounds like a lot! Congrats guys...love ya!

cheeriBABY said...

Oh how exciting! Congrats and good luck all along the way! Oh and totally jealous that you guys will get to fly for free. Sooo nice.

Sherwoods said...

Yay! We'll have to see if we can't work in a visit. You know that you are welcome here anytime. Especially with those flight benefits!

Laura Hunter said...

that is so exciting claire! congratulations to you and dustin! atlanta will be awesome! and flying for free! who could ask for more! good luck!

JaMie said...

Hey! Congrats that is so exciting I love that you can fly for free! Come visit anytime:)