Sunday, November 2, 2008

On a side note

I have been told 3 different times lately that I have an accent! Apparently since I don't nasally draw out all of my vowels like everyone here in Michigan, then it means that I am the one who talks weird. But who knows, maybe I do have accent and I am just in denial. I know I don't have the WA accent because I don't say "Warshington" instead of "Washington" and I don't say "fleg" instead of "flag" or "beg" instead of "bag". So if I do have an accent it must have come from somewhere. Anyways, I'll just assume for now that they are the weird ones and I'm the one who actually talks normal.

4 comments:

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Don't worry, you're normal.

The Olsen's said...

Claire...its totally not you...its them. And you describe the accent just right nasally lengthening the vowels. Michigan..Sheesh! How is school going for you?

sherwood6 said...

Hey 'hunny' as for the accent, it comes with the territory!If you stay in Mich long enough you WILL sound like us! I had to look twice, I thought Steph's baby was one of ours.

Justin and Stacey said...

Haha!! Good thing you aren't staying there for much longer...you might en up sounding like one of the locals!