Sunday, July 6, 2008

Govenors Island

We took a trip this weekend down to Governor's Island which used to be a military base and is now used for public enjoyment. It's about a 5 minute ferry ride from the southern tip of Manhattan and is a beautiful place for picnics and bike riding. You also get great views of the water and the New York City skyline. It was really quiet and peaceful with lots of trees and grass. We enjoyed the island even though we were only there for a short while before it started raining on us.

1 comment:

Matt and Jen Smith said...

This is Matt Smith from Idaho, I lost Dustin's number a while back and didn't know how to get a hold of him until I came across your blog, I was just wanting to get his number, mine is (208)308-5063. Jen and I have a blog at mattandjensmith.blogspot.com