So Dustin's older brother Josh and his fam are moving to Mexico! Josh got a job offer there so they are heading south of the border pretty soon. Since they are moving so far away they gave us their VW Passat. First of all we want to give them a big thank you! We love it! Since we already have two cars, this was an excuse to get rid of the 1998 Saturn SL1 and replace it with the Passat. Let me tell you a little bit about this fine piece of machinery. My dad bought the Saturn for me to drive and in high school and it truly did serve it's purpose. Although it's not the the most luxurious car you've ever seen, I've definitely have some memories with it. First, I learned to drive a stick in that car. During that time I remember my brother and sister getting so mad at me because I would drop them off like a quarter mile outside their school to avoid this dreaded hill every morning. That car went back and forth from Idaho to Washington, I don't know how many times when I was at BYUI. This was also the same vehicle that I got in a car accident with 4 days before my wedding and after our honeymoon we drove it back to Idaho with duck tape holding the bumper in place. Aw, memories. I just can't believe that it made the 36 hour drive here to Michigan. Now Dustin's younger brother can enjoy this sweet ride because we gave it to him, free of charge of course. It's the least we could do for him getting if off our hands. Now if we could all have a moment of silence for the '98 Saturn SL1...
6 comments:
Oh man, you have had some good times in that car!! It has definitely had a run through with you and Stephanie driving it! :) That was so nice of his brother to give you their car!! Volkswagens are good cars. Enjoy your new ride! :)
Haha! Sad day...
Enjoy Hans Jr. I really miss that car. It was a great car. I hope you enjoy it. sorry about the few scars on him!
Hope you enjoy your newish car! That was so nice of Josh and Amanda.
Hey you guys look great! I can't believe you're in Michigan. I can't wait to get out of Rexburg, it has been way too long here. So we're very excited for grad school. Dusty did you serve in or near Lubbock, TX? We're just wondering what the area is like. Anyway hope all is good with you guys, it was great to hear from you!
Glad we finally got too see you guys too! Maybe the last weekend in march or general conference weekend we can get together again!!!
Post a Comment