Sunday, January 20, 2008

Don't worry, we are still alive

Okay I know I haven't blogged in...umm...17 days. But Dustin has been so busy with school the last few weeks we haven't really done anything too interesting. The only thing out of the ordinary is that it has been colder than cold here with around zero degree wind chills. Not fun. So we are just trying to keep warm here in Michigan.
This weekend Dustin was involved in a "Case Competition" at MSU. It's where they give you an in depth case study and teams have 24 hours to analyze it and make a presentation in front of judges. Dustin's team worked really hard on it. He didn't get home from preparing for it with his team until 2:30 in the morning on Saturday. So they presented 9am Saturday morning and made it to the finals Saturday afternoon where they took 2nd place out of 20 teams! But of course Dustin wasn't completely satisfied, he wanted to be 1st! Oh well. Anyways I was really proud of him and all his hard work.

5 comments:

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Congrats Dustin! That is way exciting. All that hard work paid off. And second is pretty darn good. I was so excited to see you post something Claire! I miss you.

Denisse said...

That's awesome! Congrats Dustin!!!! 2nd out of 20 groups, I'd say that is pretty AWESOME!!!!!:) It's been so cold here as well...not fun!!! Lots and lots of snow!!! I think I'm getting sick of the winters here in Rexburg!!!! The snow never melts!!!! And it's way too cold!!!

Jake and Rachelle said...

Wow! Good job Dusty! Winter is getting so old. I know I have nothing to complain about compared to your weather. I hope it warms up for you soon. Until then, bring on the hot chocolate!

Justin and Stacey said...

Way to go Dustin! You have always worked so hard in your schooling...it's nice to see some rewards for your efforts! Keep up the good work. Claire, glad to see you are surviving the cold!

Sherwoods said...

Yeah Dusty, way to go! I'm glad school is going well for you guys, Lets also just repeat the fact that cold sucks!