Monday, December 3, 2007

Great Message

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and speak it again. Christmas is a celebration, and there is no celebration that compares with the realization of its true meaning - with the sudden stirring of the heart that has extended itself unselfishly in the things that matter most." - President Hunter, Ensign, Dec. 2002 I stole this from my friend Mindy's blog who is on a mission in Washington DC. I love this quote. Hopefully we can take this advice and use this season as a reminder to be alittle better.

5 comments:

Denisse said...

Oh Claire! I love that quote! It really touched me! We can always do better! I'm so glad you posted it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sherwoods said...

What a great reminder! Thanks!

Jake and Rachelle said...

What a great quote!

Justin and Stacey said...

Claire, I loved that. We need these reminders so much, even when it's not Christmas! I wish I could take the spirit of Christmas and feel this way all year round.

Stephny said...

I think that's a great example of what Christmas should really be about. I love it!