Thursday, April 19, 2012

Loser

So weight loss has been on my mind a whole lot lately. Mostly because I was doing a weight loss competition with bunch of girls from church over the last 8 weeks. It just ended on Monday and I loved being a part of it.
In my adult life I have always been a gym person (which I credit to my husband for rubbing off on me). I actually enjoy working out and being active (for the most part). But losing weight after having a baby is no picnic. Especially when said baby doesn't, what you would call, 'sleep'.
I gained a wopping 45 pounds with the little one, which was frustrating in itself because I worked out and ate healthy throughout my pregnancy (when I wasn't sick). But getting back in shape has been a priority for me for a few reasons.

One- we don't want to wait too long to have our next child. So if I gained 45 lbs with my first pregnancy, I can only imagine how ginormous I would get if I got pregnant again at a heavier post baby weight.
Two- since getting married and now having a baby I value my health more than I ever have before. I want to be healthy and fit for my family! Exercising and eating healthy lowers my risk of so many health problems and diseases, so that is a no brainer for me.
And three- who doesn't want to look good in clothes? I see no shame in admitting that. Plus I have a whole stack of pre pregnancy jeans in my closest that are oh-so-close to fitting. And I don't want them to go to waste now. I can zip and button them but they are still giving me a cute little 'muffin top' which is just adorable. Not!
So I am signing up for the next round of the weight loss competition to help me loose the last, and hardest, 8-10 pounds. And I am pumped!
Here is our group at our finale dinner (minus a few who couldn't come) I lost 9 lbs in 8 weeks, and combined our group lost 229 lbs! That's a lot of weight!

7 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Way to go Claire. It is so hard!!! I gained 45 with both pregnancies and tried to be healthy too. It is so frustrating. The first time took me a long time to get it off. This time I have worked extra hard and still battle with 5-10 pounds (depending on the day - ha). The sleep issue is what kills it all. Once started sleeping I was able to do it. Hang in there...
You look beautiful!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

I applaud you for your desire to be fit!! I'm not sure if there is one around your area, but have you thought about joining a Ragnar team? I was on one when Savannah was 5 months old - it gave me motivation to get back in shape pronto after the pregnancy. At any rate, glad to hear that your taking charge of your health!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Good job Claire! You look beautiful and what a great example you'll be to Stella! I LOVE your jacket in that picture, by the way. Wish you lived closer so we could still share clothes :) Love ya!

Ang and Shawn said...

I can't imagine trying to work out while having a baby, and running on little sleep! You are super mom...& you look amazing!

Blatter said...

I think you are looking great! Good luck with the next round!

cheeriBABY said...

Claire you look great! I'll be cheering for you during your next round. My experience is I usually don't loose the last 5 pounds until I am finished nursing.

Jake and Rachelle said...

Sheesh girl, you really do look awesome! I never look that great with a baby so young! It always takes me a whole year to lose the weight no matter what I have gained. I also hold onto 5-10 lbs until nursing is over.