Friday, December 16, 2011

Stella's Blessng Day

Stella's blessing day was just perfect. Since she was still so little we decided to bless her at home with our family instead of doing it at church. Dustin did a great job with the blessing and had us all in tears.
We were going to bless Stella at 10am, and at 9:30am there was a knock at my door. I ran downstairs to open it, thinking it was Dustin's family who were staying at a hotel nearby.
I open the door and to my surprise my father was standing in the doorway! I had no idea he was coming. He took a red eye flight out of Seattle with a super long layover to Cleveland and then drove from Cleveland to Erie just in the nick of time to be here for the blessing. I was shocked and burst into tears. It was so great to now have both grandpas in the blessing circle.
Grandpa Rockwood helping Stella get all dressed in her white
My sister Stephanie and her daughter Lucy flew in the night before for Stella's special day.
We were so blessed and grateful to have many family members visit us. Thank you all for coming!
One bonus to having the blessing at home was that we were able to skype my mom in from Seattle so she was able to hear and see everything. I love technology.
My sister made Stella's headband. I thought it turned out so cute.

3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Oh your daddy is awesome. What a special day. Stella is so pretty in white. Love the headband.

Jake and Rachelle said...

Love the blessing dress! So glad some of your family could come too. Sorry we missed such a special day.

Claire said...

Claire, I LOVE Stella's blessing outfit. That dress and headband combo is the best I've ever seen for a baby blessing. And how sweet that your dad got to be there! Congratulations again and again and again. Stella is beautiful!