We avoided traveling for Christmas this year with Stella being so little, and for the first year since we have been married we stayed home for the holidays. We missed our families, but it was very low key and relaxing, and we really enjoyed ourselves being home.
Heading out to Christmas Eve dinner with some other families from church
Stella was too cute in her jeggings. Or as Dustin calls them, her pajama jeans.
We came home and opened our Christmas pajamas.
I loved having Christmas on Sunday. We had a great church meeting and then came home and cooked a yummy brunch and opened our gifts.

Then we had Christmas dinner with a pork loin, potatoes and brussel sprout gratin. I got a new ice cream maker for Christmas from my parents and wanted to make some vanilla ice cream to go with our apple pie for dessert. But when I checked on the ice cream after it had been churning for the recommended time, I realized that it was still runny and unfrozen. Confused, Dustin looked at the manual and realized that I was supposed to freeze the rotating bowl to the ice cream maker first before using. Wow, must have missed that part! No wonder it wasn't freezing the mixture! It takes about 24 hours to freeze the bowl, so no homemade ice cream for us! I got a good eye roll from my husband for that one.Besides that, our Christmas was just wonderful. Even though Stella is small, it was still so exciting to have our first Christmas with our first child. It seemed to make everything that much more special!
1 comment:
oh my goodness. she is beautiful.
Post a Comment