Tuesday, February 1, 2011

AZ

Dustin, my mother-in-law Joni, and I had such a good time in Arizona this weekend. We went to AZ because...
1. Dustin and Joni have lots of family there that they have not seen in years and years, and...
2. My sister Erin and her husband Jake that play basketball for BYUHawaii and had games in Phoenix over the weekend. So we went to see them play against Grand Canyon University.
This was the first time I had met any of Joni's family, and I loved every one of them. They were so fun and welcoming to us. We just had a great time. I have never been to Arizona before. I didn't realize how big the cacti grow there. They were huge. My camera doesn't take the best motion shots, but here are Jake and Erin during the games. Go Seasiders! It was fun to catch up with Erin and Jake and be one of the few cheering for the Seasiders at the games. It was also Dustin's Birthday the day of the games. So Happy Birthday Dustin!! One more year and he will be turning the big 3-0. That's pretty weird to think about!

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

How fun to see your sister and her hubby!

The Dastrups said...

Claire! It was so good to see you guys. Thank you again for making the big effort to come see us. We really appreciate your support! We love you and I hope it's not too long till we see each other again. Love you!

Erin