This past weekend Dustin and I went to Rome! Rome has been high on our list of places to see and we didn't want to pass up the opportunity, even though it was Easter weekend and we knew it was going to be pretty crazy. There were a ton of people in the city for the Easter festivities but it added to the excitement and fun. The city was beautiful and we are so glad we decided to brave the crowds and go for the weekend.
Here we are in the plane patiently waiting to take off. The flight was about nine and half hours, the longest flight we have both ever been on. But first class always makes it go by much faster!!
Our first picture in Rome!
These are few pictures of us on our walk over to the Vatican for our tour. It was such a beautiful day, sunny and 60's. The Vatican was our first activity while in Rome.
On the Vatican tour.
The floor in the Vatican was so beautiful. It was made up teeny tiny mosaic tiles. We also saw the Sistine chapel on our tour but we weren't allowed to take pictures. Our tour guide gave a ton of info about the Sistine chapel and the pain and suffering Michelangelo went through to get it completed. The chapel was absolutely amazing, I wish we could have taken a picture.
Spanish Steps. Not quite sure of the significance of the Spanish steps, but this picture gives you an idea of how many people there were around the city.


Oh the food! Our Rome diet consisted of Pizza, gelato, nutella crepes, more pizza and more gelato. It was wonderful but boy are we paying for it now.
We had an amazing time in Rome. Dustin and I both said that you could spend a week in Rome and not see all there is to see. We loved it and feel completely blessed to have this opportunity to travel the world and see so many beautiful things. We are trying not to take it for granted!











10 comments:
Fun! The food sounds so good. Gelato, yum! Love the pictures. How are ever going to decide which pictures to frame from all your adventures?
ps You are always welcome to meet us in FL in June.
Awesome guys!! If we weren't toting around a baby these days I'd have been disappointed that you didn't invite us to go with you! Over nine hours each way - wow, that's long! -K
That is totally our dream vacation! It looks amazing. Our goal is to go before we have kids...I'm not sure if that will ever happen so I will just pretend that I'm there by looking at your pictures :)
That gelato looks like it's to die for. yummm!
ps You look gorgeous in every single picture. So jealous!
Thanks for posting pictures so soon! Looks like you guys had another wonderful trip. I am so glad that you able to live it all up and travel together. So much fun! And you do look adorable in every picture. And Claire you look pretty good too...tee, hee! Love you guys!
I am always jealous of your hubby's job and the perks. So glad you are taking advantage of it all. Beautiful pictures...
I am so glad you guys had fun and got to see everything even though it was packed with people!
Rome is amazing!!!!! Nick and I agree that you could spend days there and not see it all. I'm jealous you went. We loved it there sooo much.
Thanks for posting the pictures Claire!!! I love that you guys are getting to have all these adventures. Where did you guys stay in Rome? The pictures are lovely and you look great!
Wow! You guys are just living the life!!!:) How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast! Rome is one of those magical places I think...never been there but I can only imagine...your pictures are great!:)
I can't believe how many people were there!!! Holy cow! The pictures are beautiful, I can only imagine what it is like in real life. Claire...you look so cute in every picture!! Glad you had another successful adventure :)
Post a Comment