Friday, November 16, 2012

The BEST Banana Bread

There are some recipes that you know you will have and make for the rest of your life. For me that includes my chocolate chip cookie recipe, my chicken noodle soup and this amazing banana bread.  This is my mom's banana bread bread recipe and it comes out perfect every single time. So moist, so delicious, and my husband loves me even more when I make it for him. (It's his fave).   So go and make this, like today.  You will love it too.

I make some healthier modification to the recipe that are in parenthesise. And note that this recipe makes two loaves. Which is quite convenient because you will want that extra loaf.

3 very ripe bananas
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk or sour cream (I use plain non fat Greek yogurt)
1 cup oil (I use applesauce or sometimes 1 3/4 cup apple sauce + 1/4 cup oil )
1/2 cup melted butter
3 cups flour (Or a combo of whole wheat flour and white flour)
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp PURE almond extract (the secret ingredient)
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Beat bananas in stand mixer. Add sugar and wet ingredients and mix until combined.  Add flour, salt and baking soda.  Scrape sides of bowl and mix until smooth. Pour into two well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for one hour. The tops will be very golden brown.  

Enjoy!



2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

sounds so yummy. i just pinned this :)

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I'm totally trying this! I've tried just about every banana bread recipe looking for "the one" :)